Conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIM), CAT or Common Admission Test is a national-level entrance exam. Based on the score achieved in CAT exam, a candidate is given admission to different management institutes across the country. CAT Exam 2017 date for this year i.e. 2017 has been announced and the exam is going to held on 26th November 2017.
However, if you are interested and willing to appear for the exam, you will be happy to know that the registration for CAT 2017 examination has been extended till 25th September 2017. To help such candidates, below we have provided information about important requirements to be considered by the candidate when filling the CAT 2017 application form.
Important Requirements for Filling CAT 2017 Application Form
Make Sure You Meet the Eligibility Criteria
Make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria to appear for CAT 2017 exam. Following are the eligibility criteria requirements which a candidate must meet before filling the CAT 2017 application form:
- A candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 50% marks (45% for SC, ST, and PWD/DA category candidates) or equivalent CGPA from a recognized University or institute.
- A candidate who has taken Bachelor’s Degree final year exam and is awaiting result can also appear for the CAT 2017 exam. However, such candidates will be given provisional admission only till the time they submit a certificate from the University/Institution stating that they have completed all the necessary requirements for obtaining the Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent certificate.
A candidate must have a functioning email address and mobile number in order receive information regarding exam via email and/or SMS.
Candidates must keep the following documents handy when filling the CAT Application Form 2017:
- 10th, 12th, Degree and Diploma Mark Sheets
- Work experience documents (if any)
- Required certificates must be scanned to upload.
- Scanned copy of NC-OBC or SC or ST or PWD certificate (if applicable)
Fee to be Paid for CAT Exam 2017
While general category candidates need to pay Rs. 1800, candidates belonging to SC, ST and PWD category need to pay Rs. 900.
Photo and Signature Requirements
- Keep a scanned copy of your recent passport size photograph. Make sure the photograph is taken with white background.
- Also, keep a scanned copy of your signature.
The application form for CAT is self-explanatory and should not cause any trouble while filling it. Just make sure to keep the above documents and information ready when filling the CAT 2017 Application Form.