Sometimes the candidates make mistakes while submitting the application form for IIT JEE Main Exam out of excitement or nervousness. CBSE gives a chance to make a one time correction in the supplication form in some selected fields. Any information mismatch with Aadhar card or any unclear image of photograph or signature can lead to form rejection. So don’t miss the chance if there is any discrepancy in the submitted details. The correction window is open for 9th to 22nd January 2018. This correction window is available for those candidates only who have successfully completed the registration process and paid the full fees for the registration. It will help you to rectify, change or edit some selected data. And additional charges may be required in some cases.
Data Correction Window:
CBSE will reject all the application forms if the information is incorrect. This is a one-time facility for the candidates. So you must ensure that all the information are correct and if not then take the opportunity to rectify it.
Steps to Rectify in JEE Main Application Form:
- Visit the official website of JEE Main.
- From Current Event panel located at the left side of home page go to application correction portal.
- Login with the details like JEE Main Application Number, Password and Captcha verification.
- Now select the field you want to rectify
- Make the correction needed.
- Click Submit after doing the correction.
List of Fields which can be Changed:
- Mode of Exam: The candidates can be change the mode of exam from pen and paper to computer based. But they are not allowed to execute the reverse action. The balance amount for the exam will have to pay by the candidate.
- Change of Paper: The choice of paper can be corrected along with all the particulars. They can change from choice of paper (from I to II and vise versa) or choose both the papers. If any extra amount of money will be needed, the candidate has to pay it before submitting the correction.
- Aadhar Card Details: The enrolment number can be replaced by Aadhar card number. The candidate can rectify any error of the card number.
- Examination Medium: The language of the examination can be changed. They can shift their preferences to English or Hindi or Gujrati language according to their comfort level.
Exam City: This only allows shifting the preferred city from India to abroad.