As the date of IBPS PO Preliminary Exams is just three weeks away, a lot of students would have started panicking as for how to prepare for the for the IBPS PO Exam in just 20 days. Well, it would be wrong to say that one can prepare for the IBPS PO Preliminary exam in just 20 days, however, there is nothing wrong in giving it a try. Candidates who were unable to start preparing for the IBPS PO Preliminary exam timely and are now looking for some quick tips to prepare for IBPS PO exam in 20 days can consider the below-mentioned tips to speed up their preparation for IBPS PO exam.
Be it IBPS PO Exam or any other exam, it is important to know about the syllabus for the exam. Once you know about the exam, you can then start preparing for the exam. However, with so less time, it is also important to only consult with the right study material.
Good Study Material
Referring to good study material is utmost important for a candidate, considering the time constraints. Following are some of the good textbooks to Prepare For IBPS PO exam in a short period of time.
- Pratiyogita Darpan
- Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations (S.Chand) R.S.Agarwal
- A Modern Approach to Verbal and Nonverbal Reasoning (S.Chand) by R.S.Agarwal
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic (Arihant) Rajesh Verma
- A new approach Verbal and Nonverbal Reasoning (Arihant) by BS Sijwali
- Lucent General Knowledge
- Manorama Year Book.
Focus on Important Topics
It is important to follow the right methodology in order to clear IBPS PO Preliminary exam. As it is not possible to study each and every topic in 20 days, it is suggested to only focus on important topics in each section. Adopting this methodology will help you prepare better for IBPS PO exam. Below are important topics from each section which you should keep on priority.
- Directions, Non-Verbal Reasoning, Blood Relations/, Syllogism, Puzzles, Seating Arrangements, Ranking, Data sufficiency, Analogy, Statement and Conclusions, Coding-Decoding, Classification.
- Synonyms & Antonyms, Reading Comprehension, Idioms & Phrases, Spotting the Error, and Parajumbles
Computer Knowledge Section
- Computer, Parts of Computer, Computer Languages, MS Office, Internet, Operating System.
- Profit & Loss, Time & Distance, Time & Work, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Number Systems, Average, Ratio and Proportion, Percentage, Probability, and Bar graph & Pie-chart.
Practice Mock Tests
Although you may not be able to attempt complete mock tests due to incomplete preparation, however, you need to make sure that you don’t leave even a single question from the topics of each section which you would have prepared thoroughly. This will help you in revising whatever you would have prepared and also help you in getting familiar with the exam pattern.
Above all, you need to know how to manage time in these 20 days. You need to give up on everything (except your health and diet) if you really want to clear IBPS PO Preliminary Exam. You need to devote as much time as you can to the preparation. Try to prepare for the exam considering it as the last chance. If all goes right, you may see your name in the list of passed candidates.