If you are appearing in the competitive exam, your first step should be to know about its syllabus. It is the central thing that gives you all information related to the exam. Candidates can know the topics of the exam. Also, on the basis of the syllabus candidates can devise effective strategies for the exam.
There are 3 Papers in the UGC NET 2017 November exam. All the 3 papers have a different syllabus. Students should read each of them carefully before starting their preparation for the exam. For each paper, students should prepare a separate strategy to cover the topics.
The Paper 1 of the UGC NET exam tests candidate’s general mental abilities, teaching, and research aptitude. This paper contains 50 questions of 100 marks. Questions in this section are related to current affairs, mathematics, reasoning, aptitude for teaching and research. The syllabus of Paper 1 is very diverse and comprehensive.
Rest of the two papers, Paper 2, and Paper 3 of the UGC NET 2017 exam are related to the subject chosen by the candidate for the exam. Usually, candidates choose that subject for the exam in which they have completed their Masters. Most of the topics in the syllabus of Paper 2 and Paper 3 match with the topics of the Master’s degree.
Syllabus of Paper 1
Topics in this paper are as follows –
- Research Aptitude
- Teaching Aptitude.
- Data Interpretation.
- Logical Reasoning.
- Reading Comprehension.
- Information and Communication Technology.
- Higher education system governance polity and administration.
- People Environment.
Topics in Detail –
Topics under Research Aptitude-
- Steps and Methods of Research.
- Research: Meaning, Types and Characteristics.
- Ethics in Research.
- Thesis Writing: Its characteristics and format.
- Paper, Articles, Workshop, Seminar, Conference and Symposium.
Topics under Teaching Aptitude –
- Factors that affect Teaching.
- Methods of Teaching.
- Teaching: Nature, Objectives, Characteristics and Basic Requirements.
- Teaching aids.
- Learner’s Characteristics.
- Evaluation Systems.
Topics under Data Interpretation –
- Sources, Acquisition and Interpretation of Data.
- Quantitative and Qualitative Data.
- Graphical Representation and Mapping of Data.
Topics under Reasoning (including Mathematical)-
- Number Series; Letter Series; Codes.
- Relationships; Classification.
Topics under Logical Reasoning –
- Understanding the Structure of Argument.
- Evaluating and distinguishing Deductive and Inductive Reasoning.
- Verbal Analogies; Word Analogy – Applied Analogy.
- Verbal Classification.
Topics under Reading Comprehension –
- A passage to be set with questions to be answered.
Topics under Information and Communication Technology (ICT) –
- ICT: Meaning, Advantages, Disadvantages, and Uses.
- General Abbreviation and Terminology.
- Basics of Internet and E – mailing.
Topics under Communication –
- Communication: Nature, Characteristics, Types, Barriers and Effective Classroom Communication.
- Reasoning Logical Diagrams, Simple Diagrammatic Relationship, Multi – Diagrammatic Relationship.
- Venn Diagram.
- Analytical Reasoning.
Topics under People and Environment –
- People and Environment Interaction.
- Sources of Pollution.
- Pollutants and their impact on Human Life, Exploitation of Natural and Energy Resources.
- Natural hazards and mitigation.
Topics under Higher Education System, Governance, Polity, and Administration –
- Structure of the Institutions for Higher Learning and Research in India;
- Formal and Distance Education.
- Professional / Technical and General Education.
- Value Education; Governance, Polity, and Administration.
- Concept, Institutions and their Interactions.