Indian Institute of Management (IIM) will conduct the Common Admission Test (CAT) in an online computer-based mode. The IIM conducting body will begin CAT Registration 2021 from the first week of August 2021. CAT 2021 will be held on the last Sunday of November 2021, i.e. November 28, 2021 (Tentative). Candidates who want to take MBA admission in IIMs or other top B-schools have to appear in the CAT exam 2021. Candidates who completed graduation with 50% of marks are eligible to apply for IIM CAT 2021.
As per the new CAT exam pattern, students will have to answer 76 questions within 2 hours. CAT exam number of questions are VARC – 26 questions, DILR – 24, and Quant – 26 questions making it 76 questions. As per last year, we expect more than 2.28 lakh students will register for CAT 2021. CAT 2021 will be conducted by the Indian Institute of Management in 430 centres across 159 cities in the country for admissions to MBA/PGDM programmes in IIMs and more than 1000 B-Schools.
What is CAT Exam 2021?
CAT exam is one of the most popular MBA entrance exams in the country. The full form of CAT is the Common Admission Test, and it is a computer-based entrance exam for MBA/PGDM admissions at 20 IIMs and 1000+ B-Schools in India. IIM CAT is conducted by one IIM in rotation every year. Candidates are assessed through the CAT exam for MBA admissions. More than 2 lakh applicants every year register for CAT for IIM admissions.
|CAT Exam 2021 Conducting Institute||Indian Institute of Management (IIM)|
|CAT Exam Mode||Online Mode Only|
|CAT Exam Date 2021||November 28, 2021 (Tentative)|
|CAT Exam Question Types||MCQs and TITA (Non-MCQs)|
|CAT Application Mode||Online Mode Only|
|CAT Exam Total Questions||76|
|CAT Exam Duration||2 Hours (120 Minutes)|
Official CAT 2021 Contact Details
- Official CAT exam website: iimcat.ac.in
- CAT 2021 Helpline: 1-800-209-0830 (Toll-Free)
- Email for CAT exam: [email protected]
- IIM Indore Address: CAT Exam Centre, Indian Institute of Management Indore, Prabandh Shikhar, Rau – Pithampur Road, Indore- 453556, Madhya Pradesh, India.
CAT 2021 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Common Admission Test|
|Short Exam Name||CAT|
|Conducting Body||Indian Institute of Management Indore|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||2000 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours|
CAT 2021 Important Dates
25 Jul, 2021 (Tentative) | Advertisement – Notice | Mode: Online
02 Aug, 2021 – 20 Sep, 2021 (Tentative) | Application – Start Date | Mode: Online
24 Sep, 2021 – 27 Sep, 2021 (Tentative) | Application Correction – Start Date | Mode: Online
25 Oct, 2021 – 28 Nov, 2021 (Tentative)| Admit Card – Start Date | Mode: Online
28 Nov, 2021 (Tentative)| Exam Date | Mode: Online
15 Oct, 2021 – 28 Nov, 2021 (Tentative)| Mock Test | Mode: Online
06 Dec, 2021 – 10 Dec, 2021 (Tentative) | Answer Key – Response Sheet | Mode: Online
01 Jan 2022 (Tentative) | Result – Result Date | Mode: Online
CAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The IIM for Common Admission Test (CAT) will prescribe the eligibility criteria for CAT 2021, under which candidates must meet certain criteria. Detailed IIM CAT Eligibility Criteria 2021 for candidates appearing for CAT 2021 is explained here. IIM will release the CAT eligibility in PDF format outlining who can apply for the CAT entrance exam. Before CAT 2021 registration, candidates must ensure they fulfil the CAT exam’s specified eligibility criteria 2021.
Who can apply for the CAT exam 2021?
It should also be noted that eligibility for the CAT exam 2021 is straightforward and has remained the same for the past several years. Candidates who fulfil the given CAT 2021 eligibility criteria specified below can apply for the CAT exam.
- Educational Qualification: All candidates must hold a Graduation/ Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from any recognized university/ institute.
- Marks in qualifying exam: All candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent CGPA. Candidates belonging to the reserved category (Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), and Persons with Disability (PWD)) must have secured a minimum of 45%.
- Final year students: Candidates in the final year of their Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification exam or awaiting their graduation results can apply for CAT 2021.
- Age Limit: To appear for the CAT entrance exam, there is no age limit/ age restriction.
- Work Experience: It is not mandatory to apply for the CAT exam 2021. If candidates have any work experience, then they will get more preference.
- Reservation: IIM offers some reservations for different categories of students applying for any business management program.
Who is not eligible for the CAT exam?
- If the candidate is in the process of completing their professional degree (CA/ CS/ ICWA) without appearing for their bachelor’s degree.
- The candidate is pursuing both their bachelor’s degree and a professional degree but has not yet completed both.
- If the candidate’s score in the degree is less than 50% (45% for SC/ ST/ PwD candidates), they are ineligible to apply for the CAT.
- If MHRD/ AICTE/UGC does not recognize the degree, it will be considered ineligible for the CAT examination.
Note: CAT eligibility for IIM Admission 2021-2023 is separate from exam eligibility.
CAT 2021 Application Process
Mode of Application: Online
Mode of Payment: Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card | NEFT | Paytm | Other
IIM will start the CAT registration tentatively in the first week of August 2021 in online mode, and the application process will end in the third week of September 2021. After the registration process closes, the IIM CAT Application Form 2021 correction window will open. Candidates who completed a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% aggregated marks are eligible to apply. Candidates who appeared for a final year examination can also apply. As per last year’s trends, we expect more than 2.28 lakh students will apply for the CAT 2021 entrance exam.
CAT 2021 Application Process
- Visit the official CAT 2021 website.
- Go to the “CAT 2021 Registration” link.
- Fill in the required valid details.
- Upload all the necessary documents in a prescribed format.
- Pay the CAT application fee online.
- Submit the completed registration form of CAT 2021.
- Download and take a printout of the application form.
On successful registration for the CAT exam, candidates will receive a CAT login credential like User ID and Password, which can be used to use the candidate login.
Know how to fill the CAT 2021 Application Form
1st Step: First, go to the official website of CAT 2021 and find and click the “New Candidate Registration” link on the right side of the webpage.
2nd Step: It will carry candidates to the CAT registration page. From there, they have to enter their Name of the Candidate, Date of Birth, Email Address, Country, Mobile Number, and Captcha.
3rd Step: Next, click the “Generate OTP” button to receive the OTP on registered mobile. Using the OTP, login to the CAT application page.
4th Step: In the dashboard, fill the Personal Details, Other Personal Details, Communication Address, Emergency Contact Details, Upload Documents (in a prescribed format and size), Work Experience, IIM Programmes & Interview Cities.
5th Step: Make a payment online for CAT 2021 registration and take a printout of the submitted application form for your future reference.
CAT 2021 Application Fee- Candidates from the general category have to pay Rs 2,000 and from the reserved category have to pay Rs 1,000. CAT registration fee should be payable through Debit/ Credit card/ Net banking/ BillDesk/ PayU/ Paytm.
Documents to upload during CAT registration 2021
- Photograph as specified
- Signature as per given specific guidelines
- Academic certificates
- PwD certificate as applicable (if any)
- EWS/Category Certificate as applicable (if any)
- Identification document
|SC, ST, OBC||PWD||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 1000|
|General||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 2000|
Student Appearing Vs Seat Available
|Year||Student Appeared||Seats Available|
CAT 2021 Syllabus
- Verbal ability and reading comprehension
- Quantitative ability
CAT 2021 Preparation Tips
One needs grit, determination, planning, and execution to clear the CAT exam. The tough part is to clear CAT 2021 with a very high percentile for IIM admissions. Even excellent B-schools require a good CAT percentile, and this can be achieved with proper preparation.
How to prepare for CAT 2021 exam?
Candidates will have to divide their CAT preparation strategy into manageable sections. When to start preparation for CAT 2021, how to go about it, the CAT syllabus, best books for the CAT exam, etc., are some important questions that have to be addressed?
Tips for CAT 2021 preparation
Preparation for CAT 2021 exam requires proper resources and solid help from experts. Given below are CAT expert tips as well as links to CAT exam resources.
CAT toppers are ideal people to explain their CAT exam strategy as they not only have cleared the exam but have done so in flying colours. Given below are some CAT Topper tips and guidelines.
CAT exam day 2021 will be crucial. Check common mistakes and errors made in the CAT entrance exam and how to avoid them in CAT 2021.
CAT 2021 Exam Pattern
IIM has not officially announced the CAT 2021 exam pattern and syllabus for Common Admission Test (CAT). According to last year’s analysis, there were only 76 questions in the CAT exam question paper. Based on the CAT exam pattern 2021, there will be 26 questions in the VARC and QA section and 24 questions in the DILR section. CAT exam questions will be a mix of MCQ and Non-MCQ.
From last year CAT 2020 onwards, the students from the PwD category will receive a total of 53 minutes and 20 seconds to complete a specific section of the CAT exam, while other students will receive 40 minutes per section, as well as the time duration of the CAT exam, has been reduced to 2 hours (120 minutes).
CAT syllabus has remained the same with questions from VARC, DILR, and QA. The detailed CAT exam pattern with marking scheme and other information is as follows.
Exam Pattern of CAT 2021
|The medium of CAT Exam||English|
|Duration||2 hours (120 Minutes)|
|CAT Exam Mode||Digital or Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Sections in CAT 2021||Section 1: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC)
Section 2: Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)
Section 3: Quantitative Ability (QA)
|Questions in each||VARC – 26 questions
DILR – 24 questions
Quant – 26 questions
|Total number of question||76 questions|
|Total Marks||228 marks|
|Time Limit per section||40 minutes
53 minutes and 20 seconds for PwD candidates
|Slot-wise Section||Slot 1: 8:30 am – 10:30 pm (Morning Session)
Slot 2: 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm (Afternoon Session)
Slot 3: 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm (Evening Session)
|Marking Scheme||For the right answer: +3 marks
For MCQ questions: -1 mark
For Non-MCQ questions: NO Negative marks
|Virtual Key Board for||Non MCQ questions|
|Mouse for||MCQ questions in CAT 2021|
|Virtual Calculator||Yes. Candidates to use this for all calculations|
CAT entrance exam – Important features
- Calculator in CAT exam
- CAT exam Timer
- Question Palette of CAT 2021
- Expand the CAT question area
- Scrolling during CAT entrance exam
- Answering a question in CAT 2021
- Changing the response in the CAT exam
- Navigating through CAT sections
- Zoom Option in CAT 2021
Check the features of CAT 2021 in the image below.
*Source: CAT official mock test guide
CAT 2021 Mock Test
IIM will release the mock test of CAT 2021 in the first week of November 2021 on the official CAT website iimcat.ac.in. CAT mock test is a replica of the actual examination. CAT 2021 mock test has sectional timing like the official CAT entrance exam.
Why Take Mock Test for CAT?
Taking the free CAT mock test online is important for test-takers and designed to help candidates get a feel for the real CAT question paper. Furthermore, the CAT 2021 mock test will help identify the candidates’ weaknesses and analyze the respective performance. IIM Indore will release the official CAT 2021 mock test and training guide on the official website. Take the official mock test to find out the changes in the exam pattern.
Benefits of CAT Mock Test
- This helps the candidate to understand the online process of the CAT exam.
- CAT mock tests provide a reasonable understanding of the question paper pattern and marking scheme.
- CAT online mock test helps you to improve your speed and accuracy in solving questions.
- Practising mock tests will help you find the tricks and shortcuts to solve the CAT question paper in the least amount of time.
Steps to use CAT Mock Test
- Click on Mock Test Link from the CAT 2021 official website.
- “Enter your Registration Number and password and click on Sign In” – Since a dummy registration number and a dummy password have already been embedded. Candidates can proceed by just clicking on Sign In.
- Post login read through the “General Instructions for Candidate.”
- Click on the disclaimer check box on the “Other Important Instructions for Candidate:” page.
- Click on “I am ready to begin” to start your Mock Test.
Sample Image for CAT 2021 mock test
* Source from CAT exam 2020 mock test
Also, the CAT syllabus is important. Candidates must know what topics and subjects to study and be ready for CAT 2021. IIMs have not specified any special CAT syllabus but have given sections in which students will be tested. The CAT syllabus 2021 given by all coaching centres and books is based on the past CAT exam papers.
CAT 2021 Admit Card
IIM will release the admit card of CAT 2021 in the last week of October 2021. The last date to download CAT admit card 2021 on the official website will be November 28, 2021 (tentatively). CAT 2021 admit card can be availed after entering the CAT login ID and password. CAT admit card mentions a name, date of birth, registration number, category, CAT entrance exam day instructions, CAT 2021 exam date and time, reference number, emergency contact number, google map link, and displaying the candidate’s photograph.
Note: All candidate’s primary reference identities will be through their CAT 2021 application number printed on the CAT Admit Card. This application number is used to identify the exam lab/console at the CAT Exam Day exam centre.
Steps to download CAT 2021 admit card
Step 1 – Go to the CAT 2021 site –iimcat.ac.in.
Step 2 – Login using CAT exam credentials like user ID and password
Step 3 – The CAT admit card will be displayed.
Step 4 – Download the same and check the details mentioned therein.
Step 5 – Keep a soft copy of the admit card for CAT 2021 saved for future references.
CAT 2021 Admit Card – Details
- Application Number of CAT exam
- PwD status
- CAT 2021 exam date
- CAT exam time and session
- Reporting/ entry time for CAT 2021 at the exam centre
- Gate closing time for CAT exam
- CAT 2021 test city name
- Test Center address
CAT Exam Schedule
|CAT exam||Reporting Time||Candidates not allowed||CAT exam Timings|
|Forenoon Session||7.00 am||Post 8.15 am||8.30 am to 10.30 am|
|Afternoon Session||11.00 am||Post 12.15 pm||12.30 pm to 02.30 pm|
|Evening Session||03.00 pm||Post 4.15 pm||4.30 pm to 6.30 pm|
Steps to be taken by candidates for CAT 2021
1. Frisking of Candidates before entry for the CAT exam.
2. Document Verification:
- CAT Admit Card (with the affixed photograph),
- One original valid photo identity proof (such as College ID, Employer ID, Driving License, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhar Card, and Identification Affidavit)
- Other documents like a medical certificate in case of a candidate using a Pacemaker or implants (metal) or other devices for medical reasons.
**Test Day Exception Forms/ Authorization Form
3. Move to CAT exam lab
Imp: Candidates would be advised to remove their footwear outside the Exam Lab.
4. Registration Process for CAT 2021 (Capturing IRIS and photo)
5. Sign the attendance sheet in the CAT exam hall and begin the exam at the scheduled time.
CAT 2021 Exception and Authorization Form
- CAT Exam Exception Form: Candidates will have to sign the Exception form if an exceptional situation arises on the CAT exam day. The staff at the test centres will guide students in such a case.
- IIM provided Authorization Form for CAT 2021: This is a document required in case candidates have to carry any prohibited or exceptional items inside the exam hall of CAT 2021 on account of medical reasons. Candidates would be required to contact the respective CAT exam centre to get such authorization, if any.
Things/ Documents to carry to the CAT exam centre
Candidates will be allowed to carry the following documents.
- CAT 2021 admit card
- Original valid photo identity card
- Sanitiser (50 ml)
- Transparent water bottle
- Requisite medical certificate and Scribe affidavit (if applicable).
CAT 2021 dress code: Socks, plain Pullovers/Sweaters/Cardigans (without any pockets) can be worn for the CAT exam. Candidates with metal implants, pacemakers, etc., in their bodies, have to submit a supporting medical certificate.
Important: Since there will be no arrangement to keep the belongings of the candidates appearing for CAT 2021, aspirants shouldn’t carry valuables keeping this in mind.
Points to keep in mind during CAT exam
- Once candidates start answering a section, the clock inbuilt in the system starts ticking and displays the remaining time available for the current section.
- After 40 minutes, the timer becomes 0, and the current section gets auto-submitted.
- Candidates automatically move to the next section, and the cycle repeats for all three sections of CAT 2021.
- Movement between sections is not allowed. However, candidates will have an option to submit the answers to a section at any point in time after completing the allotted 40 minutes.
- There is a built-in calculator in the CAT entrance exam.
- Candidates can leave the CAT exam hall only after the completion of 2 hours (120 minutes). PWD candidates will be given 160 minutes to complete the CAT exam paper.
CAT 2021 – Key Do’s for Candidates
Don’ts for Candidates for CAT exam
CAT 2021 Exam Centers
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Port Blair|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
Documents Required at Exam
- CAT admit card
- Photo ID
CAT 2021 Answer Key
IIM will release the final CAT 2021 answer key in the last week of December 2021 in online mode. Before that, the exam conducting body will release the provisional answer key in the first week of December 2021, along with the candidate’s response sheets and CAT 2021 question papers. Candidates will choose to object to the answer key until the end of the objection date on payment of Rs’ fee. 1,200. Since the correct answers have been mentioned in the CAT answer key, candidates can use the same to calculate their probable scores and estimate their admission chances.
CAT exam will be conducted tentatively on November 28, 2021. Many coaching institutes like CL, IMS, TIME, etc., will develop the CAT answer key using memory-based questions as the test is online.
How to download CAT Answer Key
- Go to the CAT 2021 official website.
- Find and click the Candidates Login tab.
- Enter your CAT login credentials, i.e., the user ID and password, and click submit button.
- Find your slot (Slot 1/ Slot 2/ Slot 3).
- Download the appropriate answer key by clicking on the link provided.
How to Challenging the CAT 2021 answer key
- Go to the official website of CAT 2021.
- Find and click the link called the “Candidates Login” tab.
- Now enter your CAT login credentials, i.e., your registration ID and password.
- Find and click on the link ‘Objection Form’ on the dashboard where the candidate’s personal details are displayed.
- Enter the question number, section, and type of objection. Candidates also have the option to write a remark in up to 500 words.
- Test takers can click on ‘+’ to add another objection against the CAT Answer Key.
Points to keep in mind when raising objections
- There is no limit to the number of objections a candidate can raise. It should be noted that an objection, once submitted, cannot be amended or revoked under any circumstances.
- Objection Fee: Rs 1,200 per objection
- The objection fee will not be refunded if the objection is not supported with proof.
- The objection fee will not be refunded if the objection raised is not valid.
NOTE: Correct answers will be marked in green with a tick, and incorrect answers will be marked in red with an “X” symbol on the CAT Exam 2021 key
CAT Official Answer Key 2021 Snapshot
How to calculate CAT Scores?
The score obtained = 3 x number of correct answers (MCQ and Non-MCQ) – 1 x number of incorrect MCQ answers.
The CAT scores will be normalized as per the methodology announced by IIM Indore in light of the changes in the exam duration and other parameters. The details are available on this page in the result section.
CAT 2021 Exam Analysis
CAT exam analysis for slots 1 and 2 will be available after the CAT 2021 exam over. CAT 2021 number of questions is 26 from VARC, 24 from DILR, and 26 from Quant. The CAT slot 1 paper is expected to be moderate to difficult. CAT 2021 slot 2 paper will be expected to be moderately difficult. CAT question paper 2021 will be much of a surprise compared to last year, and students who will appear for slot 1 and slot 2 of CAT 2021 feel that they could score well with a bit of good preparation.
Candidates who are likely to score 105-110 marks in CAT 2021 will secure around 99 percentile as per Career Launcher.
Most found the CAT 2021 pattern to be the same except for the duration and the reduction in the number of questions. Students have also given mixed reactions to the new CAT 2021 exam pattern. TITA questions have been found easy, and so were the questions in the DILR section. English was found to be tricky. Overall the paper was moderate to difficult.
CAT analysis from CL, MIS, TIME, and other coaching experts is available for all CAT exam slots. CAT analysis gives details of the difficulty levels of the CAT exam and expected cutoff. The CAT 2021 analysis from coaching centres can be checked by clicking on the link given below in the table.
Details in CAT exam analysis are:
- Several questions in each section in the CAT question paper.
- Number of MCQs and number of non- MCQs asked in CAT 2021
- Difficulty levels for all topics and CAT exam sections
- Topics from VARC, DILR and QA with weightage
- Expected cutoff based on the difficulty levels and the time available
CAT 2021 Result
The result of CAT 2021 will be released in online mode in the first week of January 2021. Candidates have to log in to the official website to download their CAT 2021 scorecard. They must download their CAT scorecard 2021 as all admissions are based on the CAT result 2021. Based on the CAT 2021 result, a merit list will be prepared for further IIM MBA admissions 2021.
How to check CAT result 2021
1st Step – Open the official website – iimcat.ac.in
2nd Step – Enter registration details like User ID and Password
3rd Step – CAT Result/ Score Card will be displayed.
4th Step – Download the same, and save it.
5th Step – Check the details given in the result of CAT 2021
What details are mentioned in the CAT exam result 2021?
The sectional and overall scores of CAT 2021 will be mentioned in the result/ scorecard. The exam percentile obtained by candidates in the CAT exam is also be mentioned.
CAT score vs percentile – one of the major questions asked by students is about the score versus percentile in CAT 2021. IIM Indore has released the computation of the CAT Scores and normalization methodology adopted. The process is as follows.
How to calculate CAT percentile scores?
The steps to calculate the CAT exam 2021 overall and sectional percentile scores are given. Here the QA section is chosen as an example. A similar process is also followed for DILR and VARC in the exam.
Step 1: Calculate the total number of candidates (N) who appeared for CAT (i.e. including morning, afternoon, and evening sessions).
Step 2: Assign a rank (r), based on the scaled scores obtained in the QA section, to all candidates who appeared for the CAT exam. In the case of two or more candidates obtaining identical scaled scores in the QA section, identical ranks are assigned to all such candidates.
For example, if two candidates obtain the highest scaled score in the QA section, they are assigned a rank of 1. Then, candidate(s) obtaining the second-highest scaled score in the QA section will be assigned a 3 and so on.
Step 3: Calculate the percentile score (P) of a candidate with rank (r) in the QA section as:
Step 4: Round off the calculated percentile score (P) of a candidate up to two decimal points.
For example, all percentile scores greater than or equal to 99.995 are rounded off to 100, all percentile scores greater than or equal to 99.985 but strictly less than 99.995 are rounded off to 99.99, and so on.
How to calculate the CAT scaled scores of a candidate?
The following steps will be followed to calculate the scaled score of a candidate in each of the three sections, i.e. VARC, DILR, and QA in the examination. The overall scaled score is obtained by adding scaled scores of these three sections.
QA section is chosen as an example. A similar process is valid for the DILR and VARC. Three sessions of the examination will be expressed as a morning session (8:30 AM – 10:30 AM), afternoon session (12:30 PM – 2:30 PM), and evening session (4:30 PM – 6:30 PM) on November 28, 2021 (tentative).
CAT 2021 Cutoff
One of the big questions asked by many students is what the CAT cutoff marks for admissions are? The CAT 2021 cutoff marks, which are minimum marks or percentile required to secure admissions, differ from IIM to IIM and the course and category of the students.
It is to be noted that cutoff for qualifying and admissions are two different things. The qualifying cutoff is the score that decides if a candidate has cleared the exam or not. The admission cutoff of CAT is the score at which the admissions closed last.
It has to be noted that only qualified students will participate in the selection process – IIM Admissions, CAP 2021, the IIT MBA admissions or other MBA admissions in the country.
Some factors that decide CAT cutoff are
- No. of Candidates taking the test
- Difficulty Level of exam
- Availability of seats
- IIMs and other institutes ranking
CAT Cutoff of Top Institutes
|Name of institute||CAT Cutoff Percentile|
|MDI Gurgaon Cutoff||93 to 95|
|IMI Delhi Cutoff||90|
|XISS Ranchi Cutoff||58|
|JBIMS Mumbai Cutoff||93 +|
|XIME Bangalore Cutoff||75|
|IMT Nagpur Cutoff||80|
|FMS BHU Cutoff||85|
CAT 2021 Selection Process
IIMs and other CAT 2021 participating management institutes will conduct the selection procedure of the exam in two-steps. Candidates who qualify in CAT 2021 will be called out for the second step. After releasing the cutoff of CAT 2021, eligible candidates will be called for Group Discussion (GD), Written Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interview (PI) round. Based on scores received by candidates, the final selection list will be issued.
Some of the new IIMs may hold common counselling for CAT 2021. This is held as Common Admission Process, also called CAP. Details of IIM CAP through CAT exam will be announced shortly and will be updated here too.
After CAT 2021 – Know IIM Fee Structure
|Name of IIM||Fee payable *|
|IIM Ahmedabad||Rs 28,00,000|
|IIM Amritsar||Rs. 10,50,000|
|IIM Bangalore||Rs. 23,00,000|
|IIM Bodh Gaya||Rs 10,60,000|
|IIM Calcutta||Rs. 27,00,000|
|IIM Indore||Rs. 16,00,000|
|IIM Jammu||Rs. 13,80,000|
|IIM Kashipur||Rs. 7,31,500|
|IIM Kozhikode||Rs. 17,50,000|
|IIM Lucknow||Rs. 19,25,000|
|IIM Nagpur||Rs 13,75,000|
|IIM Raipur||Rs. 14,20,400|
|IIM Ranchi||Rs. 15,30,000|
|IIM Rohtak||Rs. 15,20,000|
|IIM Sambalpur||Rs. 13,03,000|
|IIM Sirmaur||Rs 11,75,000|
|IIM Trichy||Rs. 14,00,000|
|IIM Udaipur||Rs. 13,00,000|
|IIM Visakhapatnam||Rs 10,50,000|
* Fee may change.
Other Top B-schools accepting CAT scores
|Name of Bschool||Fee in Rs.||NIRF Rank|
|VGSOM IIT Kharagpur||11,59,760||5|
|DMS, IIT, Delhi||9,60,000||8|
|Management Development Institute||25,00,000||10|
|SJMSOM IIT Bombay||9,90,400||11|
|Great Lakes Institute of Management||1715000||23|
|Institute of Management Technology||17,50,000||37|
|FORE School of Management||15,98,000||43|
Is the CAT exam only for MBA?
While it is common to assume that the CAT exam is only for MBA, it is also for admissions to other postgraduate programmes. MICA uses CAT scores for admissions to its postgraduate programmes. So the CAT exam is not just for MBA programmes.
What is the benefit of the CAT exam?
Many institutes and universities use CAT entrance exam scores for admissions to their management programmes. The benefit of appearing for CAT 2021 is that one can apply to leading BSchools other than IIM based on the CAT result. It is easier to use the CAT entrance exam as a screening test to shortlist candidates before the selection stage, where the GD and PI factors play a role.
Documents Required at Counselling
- 10th, 12th, graduation, and professional (if applicable) mark sheets
- 10th, 12th, graduation, and professional (if available) degree certificates
- Proof of date of birth
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Admission letter
- CAT admit card
- Address proof of parents
- Passport size photographs (colour/black & white)