DASA 2021 Application Form will be made available in the first week of April 2021. Direct Admission of Students Abroad (DASA) 2021 will be organized by Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad. Through DASA, admission will be offered to candidates into engineering, architecture design, and Management courses through SAT/ GRE/ GMAT scores. DASA is a scheme launched by MHRD Govt. of India to offer NRIs & foreign nationals admission. Candidates will get admission in various NITs, IISET, SPAs, IIEST, Central Universities, & other centrally funded & Premier Technical Institutions. Here we are providing details such as the application form, fee, eligibility criteria, and much more regarding DASA 2021.
DASA 2021 Notifications
DASA 2021-22 Admissions will be done based on JEE Main ranks.
DASA 2021 Important Dates
Candidates must go through the following table regarding tentative dates for DASA 2021:
|Application form releases||1st week of April|
|Submission of application form||2nd week of June|
|Last date for receipt of Subject Test Scores||2nd week of June|
|1st round seat allotment||4th week of June|
|1st round confirmation||4th week of June|
|2nd round seat allotment||4th week of June|
|2nd round confirmation||1st week of July|
|3rd round seat allotment||2nd week of July|
|3rd round confirmation||2nd week of July|
|Choice filling & new registration||2nd week of July|
|4th round seat allotment||3rd week of July|
|4th round confirmation||3rd week of July|
|All rounds reporting by candidates to the allotted institute||4th week of July|
|Choice filling & registration of spot round by new applicants||1st week of August|
|Spot round vacant seats & spot round allotment||1st week of August|
|Reporting to the allotted institute by candidates of spot round||2nd week of August|
|Application form release||3rd week of April|
|Submission of application form||3rd week of June|
|Last date receipt (GRE/ GMAT score) for round 1 & 2||4th week of June|
|1st round seat allotment||1st week of July|
|1st round confirmation||2nd week of July|
|2nd round seat allotment||2nd week of July|
|2nd round confirmation||2nd week of July|
|Reporting to the allotted institute||3rd week of July|
DASA 2021 Application Form
Candidates must go through the following details regarding DASA 2021 Application Form:
- DASA 2021 Application Form will be released via online mode.
- For the UG course, the application form will be made available between the first week of April till the second week of June 2021
- For the PG course, the application form will be made available between the third week of April till the third week of June 2021.
- While filling the application form, candidates are advised to provide an email ID & phone number on the application form.
- There will be no need to send any hard copy of the filled-in application form for further use.
- Candidates must send SAT subject test scores to NITK Surathkal through College Board, USA.
- After submission of the application form, no change or edit will be allowed to any candidate. So the candidate must fill the form carefully.
- Finally, candidates must not forget to take a printout of the filled-in application form for further use.
- Candidates will be able to submit the application fee through E Payment via credit card or debit card.
- Candidates will also be able to submit the application fee via swift transfer.
- Here we are providing a table regarding application fee for different category:
|Category||Registration Fee||1st Semester (Tuition fee)||Total Fee|
|General category||US $ 30||US $ 4000||US $ 4030|
|Foreign National of SAARC countries||US $ 300||US $ 2000||US $ 2300|
DASA Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must go through the following details regarding DASA 2021 Eligibility Criteria:
For UG course:
- Nationality: NRI/ PIO/ OCI category candidates will be eligible to apply.
- Qualification: Candidates must qualify for intermediate or equivalent examination from any recognized board or university to be eligible.
- Mandatory Subjects: Candidates must have Mathematics & Physics subject & anyone from Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology or Computer Science.
- Percentage: He/ She must score a minimum of 60% or 50 CGPA (on a 10 point scale) marks in the qualifying examination.
- Age Criteria: He/ She must born after 1st October 1996.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination will also be eligible to apply.
For PG course:
- Qualification: Candidates must qualify for a graduation degree of 4-5 years in UG programmes in Engineering to be eligible.
- Percentage: He/ She must score a minimum of 60% or 50 (CGPA) in the qualifying examination.
- M.Tech/ M.Arch/M.Des/ M.Plan: Candidates appearing must have scored a total of 300 GRE Revised General Test (Quantitative + Verbal).
- For MBA: Appearing candidate must have scored a minimum of 480 GMAT Test scores for MBA.
DASA Merit List will be published on the website via online mode. A merit list for all eligible candidates will be drawn based on total SAT Subject scores only. Candidates whose SAT MNNIT Allahabad will receive scores from College Board considered for the merit list & seat allotment process before the second week of June 2021.
Their merit list will be based on GRE/ GMAT scores only for candidates interested in the PG course. Candidates whose GRE/ GMAT scores will be received by MNNIT Allahabad from College Board considered for the merit list & seat allotment process before the last week of June 2021.
DASA 2021 Selection Procedure
DASA 2021 Selection Procedure will be done in 4 rounds for the UG course & 2 rounds for the PG course. Eligible candidates will be called for the first round of allotment. It will be mandatory for the candidate to confirm their seats before the time period.
The candidate who will attend the first round will have two choices: either accept or decline the allotted seats. By pressing an accepting button, the allotted course/ Institute & provisional allotment letter will be accepted. By pressing decline, the candidate will lose the right to any further seat allotment in round 2 or round 3.
Candidates will be only eligible for the 4th round & the spot round. All candidates who will not be chosen for round 1 will be opted for round 2 selections. The same rule will be applicable for round 4. For round 4, UG candidates will have to send valid SAT Subject test scores.
DASA 2021 Counselling
DASA counselling process will be organized via online mode. Candidates who will get a shortlist will have to appear in the counselling process. The schedule for candidates will be notified after the merit list declaration. After each counselling round, a list of seat allotment will get declared.
The seats will be allotted as per the choice of candidate for the participating institute. It will be mandatory for all qualified candidates to participate in the counselling process. After the counselling & seat allotment process, candidates will have to report to the allotted institute.
DASA 2021 Admission
DASA Admission will be given to candidates after the counselling process. The admission letter will be provided to candidates via online mode. Selected candidates will have to report to the centre for the final admission.
Candidates will have to download their allotment letter & will have to report at the allotted institutions. Seats will be given to candidates based on their nationality. At last, candidates will have to attend medical fitness & will have to qualify to get admission.