JIPMER 2021 examination will be organized by the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, Puducherry. It is a national level entrance exam through which admission will be offered into the undergraduate medical MBBS programme. The admission will be offered in nearly 200 MBBS seats. Candidates will have to qualify for the entrance examination by obtaining minimum cut-off marks for admission. Candidates will be offered admission to the JIPMER Karaikal, Puducherry campuses or various other affiliated institutions. Here are providing details such as the application form, fee, eligibility criteria, and much more regarding JIPMER 2021.
JIPMER 2021 Important Dates
Candidates must go through the following table regarding JIPMER Exam Dates:
|Online registration||1st week of March 2021|
|Last date to submit the application form||2nd week of April 2021|
|Hall ticket availability||4th week of May to 1st week of June 2021|
|JIMPER MBBS 2021 Exam||1st week of June 2021|
|Merit list publication||3rd week of June 2021|
|First counselling||4th week of June 2021|
|Second counselling||4th week of July 2021|
|Third counselling||3rd week of August 2021|
|Final counselling||4th week of September 2021|
JIPMER 2021 Application Form
Candidates must go through details regarding JIPMER Application Form:
- JIPMER 2021 Application Form will be made available in the first week of March 2021.
- The last date to submit the application form will be the second week of April 2021.
- Candidates will have to submit the application form via online mode.
- While filling the application form, candidates will have to fill in all required personal & academic details.
- It will also be mandatory to provide a valid/ working email ID & phone number in the application form.
- Candidates must also upload passport size photograph & signature in the prescribed format in the application form.
- At last, candidates must also take a printout of the filled-in application form for further use.
- The application fee will be submitted via online mode.
- The mode of payment includes credit card, debit card & net banking.
- The application fee, according to the various category, will be as:
|UR & P-UR||Rs. 1500/-|
|OBC & P-OBC||Rs. 1500/-|
|SC/ ST & P-SC/ ST||Rs. 1200/-|
|NRI/ OCI||Rs. 3000/-|
JIPMER Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to go through the following JIPMER Eligibility norms before applying its application form:
- Nationality: Indian national & Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) category candidates will be eligible for the examination.
- Qualification: Candidates must qualify 12th examination with any recognized board or university to be eligible.
- Mandatory Subject: Candidates must have Physics/ Biology, Biotechnology, and Chemistry with English as a mandatory subject for JIPMER 2021.
- Percentage: Candidates must score 50% marks in the qualifying examination, 45% for OPH- general category and 40% for all reserved category candidates.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the 12th level examination will be eligible for the examination.
- Age Limit: Candidates must be completed 17 years of age at the time of admission. There will be no upper age limit to apply.
- No age relaxation will be for reserved category candidates.
JIPMER 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates must go through the following details regarding JIPMER Exam Pattern:
- Exam Mode: The examination will be organized via online (computer-based) mode.
- Number of Questions: There will be a total of 200 questions in the question paper.
- Question Type: The question paper will consist of Multiple Choice Questions.
- Language medium: The examination will be in English language medium.
- Total sections: There will be a total of 5 sections in the question paper.
- Marking scheme: Each correct answer will consist of 4 marks.
Candidates must go through the following table for distribution of questions & marking:
|Subjects||Total no. of questions|
|English language & comprehension||10|
|Logical & Quantitative Reasoning||10|
JIPMER 2021 Syllabus
For the JIPMER syllabus, candidates must study from the prescribed syllabus of class 11th & 12th by CBSE & other recognized state. Topics will be asked from 5 subjects: Physics, Biology, English Comprehension, Chemistry, and Logical & Quantitative Reasoning.
Candidates are advised to go through the complete syllabus from the information brochure.
JIPMER Preparation Tips
Here we are providing some preparation tips & tricks to help candidates preparing for JIPMER 2021 Examination:
- Make a proper schedule, including sleep & healthy foods.
- Solve previous year question paper & mock test.
- Make short notes & revise them regularly.
- Keep at least the last one week only for revision.
- Prepare from proper study material given by experts.
JIPMER 2021 Admit Card
Candidates who will fill the application form will have to download the hall ticket before the examination. JIPMER Admit Card will be made available via online mode. It will be released in the third week of May 2021.
To download the admit card, candidates will have to enter their login credentials such as application number & date of birth. It will be mandatory for all applied candidates to carry admit card and one valid Id proof at the examination centre.
The hall ticket will contain all details such as:
- Name & date of birth
- Candidates photograph & signature
- Roll number
- Examination city
JIPMER Result 2021
The result will be declared in the form of a merit list and individual rank & scorecard. JIPMER 2021 Result will be declared via online mode. The scorecard will be published separately for various categories.
The merit list will include shortlisted candidates, roll number, date of birth & their total percentile scored in their rank order. Candidates will have to use their login credentials to check their result.
JIPMER 2021 Cut-off
JIPMER Cut-off will be released after the result declaration. The cut-off will be based on factors such as no. of candidates, candidates marks scored in the examination, the difficulty level of examination, and much more.
Candidates must go through the following table for the expected cut-off for JIPMER 2021:
|Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40|
JIPMER 2021 Counselling
Candidates will have to register themselves to participate in the counselling process. It will be mandatory for all candidates to participate in the counselling process. JIPMER 2021 Counselling process will get conducted in four rounds.
Candidates will receive a counselling call letter before the commencement of counselling. It will also be mandatory for candidates to show their call letter at the time of counselling. The following documents will be required at the time of counselling:
- 10th& 12thMarksheet
- 10th& 12thcertificate
- JIPMER 2021 Rank Letter
- JIMPER 2021 Admit card
- Transfer certificate
- Category certificate (if required)
- Residence certificate
- Character certificate
- Birth certificate
- Multiple passport size photographs