The Law School Admission Council (LSAC) will conduct LSAT India 2021 as an online, computer-based test from June 14, 2021, onward; the candidate may also take the exam on March 25, before CBSE board exams. The Online application form of LSAT India 2021 has commenced on November 10, 2020. Eligible candidates seeking admission to various law courses offered by participating colleges need to duly submit completed LSAT India application form 2021 by June 4, 2021.
More than 12 affiliated colleges accept LSAT India scores for admission to various law courses offered by them, like BA LLB, BBA LLB, BCom LLB, BSc LLB, and three-year LLB. The online exam will be held around 24 centres across the country. LSAT India 2021 question paper will test candidates on various aspects, including reasoning and critical thinking skills which play an important role in the understanding and study of law.
The result cum score of LSAT India 2021 will be released in percentile form. These scores will indicate the relative strength of a candidate’s critical reasoning ability to the participating law schools in India. Note that there are no LSAT-India specific eligibility criteria for appearing in the exam. However, the candidate needs to meet the eligibility criteria prescribed by the school the candidate is opting for admission to. These eligibility criteria may pertain to age limit, qualifying exam, and minimum marks in the qualifying exam.
LSAT India 2021 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Law School Admission Test for India|
|Short Exam Name||LSAT India|
|Conducting Body||Law School Admission Council|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||3800 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours 19 Minutes|
LSAT India 2021 Important Dates
25 Mar, 2021| Exam – Option -1 | Mode: Online
10 Nov 2020 – 04 Jun 2021 | Application | Mode: Online Ongoing
14 Jun, 2021| Exam – Option – 2 | Mode: Online
LSAT India 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Law School Admission Council (LSAC) doesn’t prescribe any LSAT India eligibility criteria 2021. Instead, the candidate needs to meet the eligibility of the law school one is applying for admission to.
General eligibility criteria demanded by participating colleges
- Candidates appearing in LSAT India 2021 seeking admission into a five-year integrated law program need to have qualified 12th board examination under 10+2 education system scoring a minimum of 45% marks. Relaxation in minimum marks may apply to reserved category candidates.
- There is no age bar to appear for LSAT India 2021. Candidates who meet the aforementioned educational qualifications irrespective of age will be able to appear for LSAT India 2021.
LSAT India 2021 Application Process
Mode of Application: Online
Mode of Payment: Credit Card | Debit Card
The exam conducting body has released the LSAT India 2021 application form in online mode on November 10, 2020; the last date to submit applications is June 4, 2021. The first step of LSAT India 2021 application filling process is registration, wherein the candidate has to enter details like name, date of birth, e-mail id and mobile number. After filling in these required details, a validation link will be sent to the candidate’s email id to activate the candidate account and continue the application process. To know how to fill the application form for LSAT India 2021, refer to the steps below.
Steps to fill LSAT India 2021 Application Form
Filling the application form is a three-step process – a) registration, b) filling of important details, and c) fee payment.
- Candidates will have to register themselves by clicking on the official link by entering their email ID and creating a password. Completion of this step will create the candidate’s LSAT India 2021 registration name or user ID.
- Candidates will have to go to their registered email ID and click on click on “verification link” sent by LSAC officials.
- Candidates will now log in through the application form window to fill the application form of LSAT India 2021.
B. Filling of Important Details
Upon completion of the registration process, candidates will have to fill in important details in the application form.
- Personal information – name, date of birth, gender, nationality, and category.
- Contact information – phone number, communication and permanent address, email id, etc.
- Preference of Programme and Associated Colleges, that is, the programme one wished to apply for, test centre of their choice, and associated colleges in the order of their preference.
- Educational qualifications – high school, senior secondary level qualifications.
- Additional information – father’s and mother’s names, occupations, contact information, and so on.
- Terms and Conditions – Candidates are required to read and fully understand the terms and conditions. After reading them, they are required to click on two checkboxes and click on submit an application.
C. Fee Payment
- In this step, candidates will have to pay the prescribed fees through online mode with the help of debit/credit card/net banking.
|OBC, SC, General, ST||Online||Transgender, Female, Male||₹ 3800|
LSAT India 2021 Syllabus
LSAT India 2021 Preparation Tips
Candidates are advised to go through the following preparation tips for LSAT India 2021 to perform better in the exam and move one step further towards their dreams.
- One must fully acquaint oneself with the exam pattern of LSAT India 2021. They must be aware of the type of questions to be asked, a number of questions, duration, topics, and marking scheme.
- Candidates must know that unlike other entrance examinations, LSAT India does not test mathematical and grammatical or general knowledge. The test aims to assess candidates’ critical reasoning abilities. Candidates are therefore required to practice previous year sample papers to have an idea of questions asked and also to strengthen their logical and reasoning abilities.
- Candidates are advised to take mock test sessions wherein they practice the sample papers within the same duration as that of the test. This will help the candidates to chart out a time management strategy and mentally prepare for the test.
- Candidates are strictly advised not to leave preparation for the last few days before the exam.
LSAT India 2021 Exam Pattern
Law School Admission Council (LSAC) on behalf of Law School Admission Council will release details of LSAT India exam pattern 2021. For the current academic session, the exam will be conducted in online mode. The full details of the LSAT India 2021 exam pattern can be checked from the table below.
LSAT India Exam Pattern 2021
Mode of exam
Online, Computer-Based Test to be proctored remotely using AI technology.
Duration of the exam
2 hours 20 minutes
Number of questions
There will be four (4) sections. These include:
Candidates will get 35 minutes to complete each section.
Type of Questions
Each question will have four or five answer options, out of which one will be the right option.
There is no negative marking
Test scores will be scaled between a score band of 420-480. Results will also be available in percentile form
LSAT India 2021 Exam Pattern – Weightage
|1.||Analytical reasoning||23||35 mins.|
|2.||Logical reasoning – 1||22||35 mins.|
|3.||Logical reasoning – 2||23||35 mins.|
|4.||Reading Comprehension||24||35 mins.|
|Total||Around 92||2 hours and 20 minutes|
- Candidates will not be given any break in between the sections. They will be given a warning of five minutes before the thirty-five minutes of a section are to be over. After the time is up, candidates will have to move on to another section.
- Candidates will be allowed to work only on the section which is tested at that particular time. They cannot move back or forward to other sections.
LSAT India 2021 Admit Card
Pearson VUE will release LSAT India admit card 2021 a few weeks before the commencement of the exam. The admit card cum hall ticket of LSAT India 2021 will be released in online mode and contain details like the roll and registration number, name and address of the exam venue, and date and time of the exam. Candidates need to carry their admit cards along with a valid ID proof on exam day.
How to download LSAT India 2021 admit card
- Go to the official website.
- Click on the admit card download link
- The candidate will be redirected to a log-in window
- Enter registered email id and password.
- Next, click on “log in” button
- The LSAT India admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Check that all details mentioned on the admit card are legible and correct.
- Download and take a printout of the admit card
LSAT India 2021 Exam Centers
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
Documents Required at Exam
- Admit card
- Valid photo ID (Aadhar Card/ UID/ E-Aadhaar copy/ driving license/ passport/ PAN card/ election Card/ voter ID/ SC/ ST certificate along with photographs)
- If not having any of the above, then photo identity provided by school/ college/ university/ employee ID having photograph and sign/ military ID or military dependent ID with photo of the candidate
- If not any of the above, two of the following – Original 12th-grade standard admit card copy with photo/ school ID with photo/10th-grade mark sheet or tenth pass certificate mentioning photo and DOB
- HB pencils, erasers, sharpeners
LSAT India 2021 Result
LSAC will declare LSAT India result 2021 on its official website. The results of LSAT India 2021 will be released in online mode and will mention candidates’ scores in the form of percentile. Additionally, the result of LSAT India 2021 will mention the qualifying status of the candidate who appeared for LSAT India. Note that Pearson VUE will share LSAT India 2021 scores with participating colleges, which will be used by them for admission purpose.
How to Check LSAT India 2021 Result
- Click on result link.
- Enter registered login ID and password.
- Upon successful log-in, the result would appear on the screen
- The result would contain details like the percentile of the candidate and qualifying status.
- Download and take a printout of LSAT India 2021 result.