NEET 2021 will be conducted two times a year. The exam will be held in the first week of May 2021 through offline (pen & paper) mode. NTA (National Testing Agency) is the agency responsible for organising the NEET entrance test every year. It is a national level entrance test conducted to offer admission into MBBS /BDS courses.
The application process of NEET 2021 will get started in February 2021. This article has provided complete details related to NEET 2021 application form, exam dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, etc.
NEET, 2021. Notifications:
As per the sources, the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare is agreed with the proposal to conduct NEET 2021 exam two times a year.
As per Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank, NTA has been asked to review the situation across the different state and central school education boards and prepare a revised syllabus for NEET 2021 exam.
As per the Direction General of NTA Vineet Joshi, No changes will be done in the exam pattern of NEET 2021.
NEET 2021 Highlights
Is the NEET exam cancelled for 2021? – No
When can I register for NEET 2021? – February
Is the NEET syllabus reduced for 2021? – Yes (Around 30% may be reduced)
Single National Level Medical Exam? – Yes
NEET 2021 Online or Offline? – Offline
Twice in a Year? Decision Pending
What is Passing Mark for NEET 2021? 120 to 180 out of 720 (approx for Gen)
Can I get admission in MBBS with 400 marks in NEET? Yes (quite a good score for first-tier private colleges but a bit low for Govt colleges. 480+ is a good score for Govt colleges)
NEET 2021 Exam Dates
Students can know below complete NEET Exam dates related to various events like application process, application correction, admit card, etc.
|Events||Dates 2021 (Tentative)|
|Release of Application||February 2021|
|End of the application process||February 2021|
|Correction window opens||3rd week of February 2021 to last week of February 2021|
|Availability of Admit card||4th week of March 2021|
|NEET 2021 Exam||1st week of May 2021|
|Availability of Answer key||2nd week of May 2021|
|Declaration of Result||1st week of June 2021|
|Starting of Counselling||2nd week of June 2021|
NEET 2021 Application Form
Know complete details related to NEET 2021 Application Form in the below-given section:
- NEET 2021 Application process will be completely carried out through online mode. No other way for application will be entertained.
- Candidates are advised to submit only one application form as multiple application submission may lead to rejection of the form.
- Students at the time of the registration are instructed to register with their valid email id, and mobile number as all the communication or other details will be sent.
- The application process will go through various steps – Online registration, filling up of details in the application, uploading a scanned image of photograph & signature, making payment of application fee and printing of application & fee payment receipt.
- Students who have made mistakes while filling the application form of NEET will correct the application’s details from February 2021.
- Sending the printed application form to the board will not be required.
Payment Mode: NEET 2021 Application fee payment can be made through online & offline mode. For online mode, it will be possible through debit/ credit card or net banking method. For offline mode, fee payment will be possible through the SBI E-challan facility at any SBI branch.
|General / OBC category||Rs.1400|
|ST/ SC/ PWD/ Transgender category||Rs.750|
NEET 2021 Application Correction
The applicants of NEET 2021 will be able to correct the NEET application form. The NEET Application correction will be possible from February 2021. Students will be able to fix the online mode.
The correction in the details of the application will be allowed only in some of the fields. The candidates will inform the complete information related to editable and non-editable fields on the website. Also, students will be notified regarding correction on their mail id & phone number through SMS.
NEET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Students must check complete details related to NEET Eligibility in the below-given section before applying for it:
- Candidates who are Indian Nationals/ PIO/ NRIs/ OCI/ Foreign nationals are eligible to apply through NEET for admission in various Medical/ Dental institutions as per the framed regulations.
- Foreign nationals must confirm their eligibility clauses from the respective Medical or Dental College of the state.
- J&K migrants are eligible to apply under the 15% All India Quota only on a self-declaration basis.
- Applicant must have completed 17 years of age during admission or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- There will be no upper age limit to apply for NEET.
- There is no limit on the number of attempts to apply for NEET.
- Qualifying Exam: Students should have passed 12th level or its equivalent from a recognised board or university.
- Qualifying Subjects: Students should have passed with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology and English as mandatory subjects in 12th level.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidates in the 10+2 level should have obtained 50% marks taken together in PCB. Those who belong to the unreserved/ ST/SC/OBC category should have obtained 40% marks, and for PWD candidates, it is 45% marks.
- Foreign nationals: Students who have been educated abroad and are planning to take admission in medical colleges of India should have passed their 12th level with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology & English subjects with 50% marks recognized by AIU as per MCI regulations.
- Appearing: Students appearing in the 12th level exams will also be eligible to apply for NEET.
NEET 2021 Exam Pattern
Students can know details about the NEET Exam pattern in the below-given section:
- Mode of Paper: The NEET 2021 paper will be held offline – Pen and paper mode.
- Language: Paper will be available in various languages – English, Hindi, Gujarati, Bengali, Tamil, Marathi, Odia, Assamese, Telugu, Urdu and Kannada.
- Time Duration: 3 hours will be given to complete the paper.
- Type of Questions: The paper will have the objective type of questions.
- Several questions: There will be a total of 180 questions in the paper.
- Total Marks: The exam will be of a total of 720 marks.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be given for each correct answer. For each incorrect answer, one mark will be deducted.
Know the distribution of questions and marks for NEET paper in the below-given table:
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Biology (Botany or zoology)||90 (45 – 45 each)||360|
|Total||180 questions||720 marks|
NEET 2021 Syllabus
The Syllabus of NEET 2021 will be prescribed by the Medical Council of India (MCI). Students will prepare for the entrance test from Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects studied in 11th and 12th level.
Below candidates can check some of the essential topics that may be included in the NEET Syllabus:
It will contain Laws of Motion, Electromagnetic Waves, Electrostatic, Behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory, Electronic Devices, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Properties of Bulk Matter, etc.
Some topics will be some basic chemistry, Hydrogen, Equilibrium, Alcohols, Electro Chemistry, P-Block Elements, Surface Chemistry, Electrochemistry, Phenols and Ethers, etc.
Some basic topics will be Human Physiology, Reproduction, Plant Physiology, Cell Structure and Function, Ecology & Environment, Diversity in Living World, Biology and Human Welfare, etc.
NEET 2021 Preparation Tips
Students can know various NEET preparation tips below, which will help them in qualifying for the exam with a good score:
- Know complete information about the NEET syllabus and exam pattern. Also, I briefly understand the marking pattern of the exam.
- Solve sample papers and take mock tests to analyse the preparation standard of NEET.
- Prepare for the exam through a good source of study material which the teachers and other experienced professionals highly recommend.
- Make notes and write down all the important points. Don’t forget to go through these notes.
- Make a timetable for exam preparation & follow it in a disciplined manner for exam preparation.
NEET 2021 Admit Card
Students will be able to download NEET admit card in the fourth week of March 2021. NEET admit card can be downloaded online mode from the NTA website. The admit card will not be provided to the students by post and can only be obtained by entering their login details.
A copy of admit card in PDF format will also be sent to the candidates in their registered mail id. Students should also check complete details present in the admit card to be true and accurate. In case of a mistake in any of the details present in the admit card, students must contact officials to correct it before the exam date.
NEET 2021 Answer Key
NTA will release the NEET answer key in the second week of May 2021 by online mode on the website. The answer key will be released first on a provisional basis. A link will be provided on the website to download the answer key along with the OMR answer sheets. Students will also be allowed to make challenges against the answer key.
For each challenged question, students will be required to pay a sum of Rs.1000 as a processing fee. The students can pay the fee through online mode. Students will get a refund of this fee if the candidate’s challenge is found true. After this, a final answer key will be released on the website.
NEET 2021 Cut Off
NEET Cut Off will be decided based on various factors – difficulty level of the exam, the number of candidates appearing for the exam, the students’ performance in the test, etc. The cut off will be released with the release of the result or after it.
The expected cut off marks of NEET 2021 as per the latest trends is 50% marks for general candidates, 45% marks for PH candidates and 40% for reserved category candidate.
NEET 2021 Result
To get NEET 2021 Result, students will be required to enter their login details – Roll number & date of birth. The result will be made available through online mode in the first week of June 2021. The result will be prepared and published based on a revised answer key released by the authority.
Category wise result sheet will not be prepared and published on the website. Also, the authority will not be responsible for providing the result through offline mode. After the result is displayed online, students must print it for further use in the admission procedure.
NEET 2021 Merit List
After the result announcement, the NEET merit list will be displayed online on the website. NTA will prepare the merit list as per the directions of DGHS, DCI and MCI. As per the merit list of NEET-UG, the admission will be made based on AII India Rank for admission into MBBS and BDS courses.
A merit list will be displayed by NTA containing successful candidates who have opted for 15% of All India quota seats.
NEET 2021 Reservation
Reservation will be applicable for various categories and cast as per the rules and regulations prescribed by the Government. The criteria for reservation of seats in various government medical colleges under 15% All India quota will be:
NEET 2021 Counselling
NEET Counselling will get started in the second week of June 2021 through online mode. The NEET counselling is organized by MCC (Medical Counselling Committee) and MOHFW (Ministry of Health & Family Welfare). Centralized counselling is organized every year by MCC for the NEET qualified candidates.
In the counselling process, students will have to register for counselling, choose and lock it, allotment of seat and report at the allotted college. Students also have to submit their original /photocopies of documents or certificates. These documents are:
- 10th & 12th Passing Certificate
- Mark Sheets
- NEET Rank Card/ Rank Letter
- NEET Admit Card
- Category Certificate (If Applicable)
- 8 Passport size photograph
- Birth Certificate
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Identity Proof, etc.